The first gadget I bought from overseas was a Premier Collar, which I wrote a review about in my last post. I am thinking about writing more reviews about dog gadgets I have tried later on.
The latest gadget I've ordered is a Clik Stik, a target stick with a clicker attached.
When Lenni, Vekku & Ressu's mum kindly suggested target training in their comment on my previous post ("Oh, it's me who has to learn..."), I had already been thinking about doing clicker training, but having the dog's attention focused on somewhere in short distance from your hand instead of your hand itself sounded an even better idea (Thanks, Lenni, Vekku & Ressu and their mum!!). However, conventional target sticks used for clicker training require a separate clicker which you have to hold in one hand along with the stick, which I thought would be difficult. Then, I found this 'Clik Stik'.
The Clik Stik I ordered hasn't arrived yet, but I will write a report about it after I try it.
At Waiatarua Reserve this morning
Thanks for telling us about where to find it! My human and I can't wait for your review!
ReplyDeleteSlobbers,
Honey the Great Dane