Thursday, 2 April 2009

Oh, it's me who has to learn...

Cinnamon did pretty well at her agility class this week. The more I look at the videos, the more I realise that it is me who has to practice!



As you can see, I am slow in giving commands, so Cinnamon is already starting to negotiate an obstacle when I give her a command. Also, my movement looks silly. I look like almost jumping together when Cinnamon jumps. Hmm, there seems to be a long way to go before we become good enough to compete.

3 comments:

  1. Oh don't worry, Momo - we dogs are very forgiving of our humans! :-) You give us confusing signals all the time but we still understand you most of the time. Anyway, the important thing is that you are trying and want to learn - which is more than many other pet owners!

    My human says video is a very useful learning aide! She uses it too for our dancing training, so watch what we look like from far and she always sees so many mistakes she is making - like moving her hand the wrong way and giving me the wrong cue or changing different cues for the same thing...(sigh) it's a miracle I know what she wants half of the time!

    Hey - by the way - are you going to the Devonport Dog Parade? (I saw it on your Local Dog events calendar) - I will be performing my new routine there for the first time!! We are on at 2pm...

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Mom keeps saying that the first step to learn something of dog training is to understand the biggest obsticle stears back to you on mirror.

    It is lookin good when your human works with you. The timing issue is true and it might bee one off the reasons why we beagles usually snif middle of the track.

    Mom asked that do you know target training? We hope that is correct term. She says that you are too much watching the treet and by target you might consentrate more to guidance than treat -> human can consentrate more on guidance when you work more your self in obstacles.

    -Lenni, Vekku & Ressu

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all gobbledy-gook to us...hehe, we don't do agility but Rome wasn't built in a day, right?
    Anyway, we have tagged a few of our new friends to play a game and we wanted to include someone from our Beagle list so we tagged you, hope that's ok! It's a cute little game that's easy and doesn't take long but if it's not your cup of tea, we understand!
    Slobbers xx

    ReplyDelete