A couple of months ago, I found this 'FURminator' in a Beagle forum of a social networking site (SNS). It was introduced as a remarkably effective tool to reduce shedding by getting rid of loose undercoat hair. As soon as I scraped Cookie's back once with this tool, I was just amazed!!
However, it seems FURminator is not an ideal tool for removing Cinnamon's loose hair. While Cookie has a thick undercoat covered with a bristly (and wavy in some part) top coat and his neck and bottom soon get fluffy like wearing woolen underwear, Cinnamon's hair looks almost like a single coat and her hair doesn't become fluffy. But, it doesn't mean Cinnamon doesn't shed much. Her loose hair doesn't stay in her coat, as her coat is very soft and straight. So far, a human's hand seems to be the best tool to remove Cinnamon's hair.
Pros
- It does reduce shedding! Superbly effective!!
- It makes dogs' coat shiny
- Easy to use
Cons
- Only a small amount of hair can be removed by one scrape
- Although it doesn't make as much a mess as an ordinary brush does, it is still advisable that you use this outside
Verdict
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It feels nice. Why don't you try it too, Cinnamon?
Look, this is Cookie's undercoat hair
This much hair was removed today
Yeah we sell these at the Vet's office where I work. They work great! Only problem is the static electricity, but that's a problem with any metal grooming utensil. Too bad plastic ones are so flimsy. Glad you like it.
ReplyDeleteMom, loves this thing also. The best groom for beagle she says.
ReplyDeleteGrrr....none of our pet shops sell these...or have even heard of them! I mean, who hasn't heard of a Furminator?? Will have to send away I think....thanks for the review :D
ReplyDeleteCookie's coat sounds similar to Rosie's, very fine.
Slobbers xx
Oh, and forgot to answer your Q about our 200th post....it's just a small prize draw, read about it here: http://dughallmorbeagles.blogspot.com/2009/04/skywatch-friday-post-193.html
ReplyDelete(You'll need to scroll down to the middle of the post)
You guys look like you're enjoying your grooming session! :-) You are lucky that your human is so good about grooming you...my humans is really LAZY and never remembers to groom me! She says one reason she got a Dane is because we have such short coats and mud just falls off us when we dry...plus we don't shed much! (at least, I don't)
ReplyDeleteI do like it when she does groom me, though (like, once a month!!) - she uses a rubber curry comb (like for horses) called a Zoom Groom which massages my skin as well. I only have a single coat - like Cinnamon - so perhaps that would work well for her too - if you haven't tried it? You can buy it in the pet stores. It does seem to work really well on me - the rubber "teeth" grip the dead hair and pull it out.
Anyway, Hsin-Yi says at least you don't have to deal with DROOL!!! She doesn't worry about what colour her clothes are...she just worries if they are waterproof!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
Kess is just like Cookie - not a toy fan. She much prefers to play with an old T-shirt or a towel than any Kong toy we get her. So, we save money on toys. And like Cookie, she loves treats! So, yes, her birthday treat will involve long walks and food!
ReplyDeleteOh the wedding was perfect! It went beautifully and we all had so much fun. I will post a couple of pictures when we get them.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I love my ring. I've been waiting so long to wear the part with the sapphires. We got it for a very good bargain too because they were shipping them all back to melt down and make into new jewelry. Thanks for the compliments on Jackal. He is a total sweetheart. I'll post pictures when we get back from Florida. Gonna miss you all while I'm gone!
ReplyDelete