Sunday, 7 June 2009

Yeah, Cookie & Cinnamon played with Honey!!

Cookie and Cinnamon played with Honey the Great Dane for the first time yesterday.

When Honey was still living in a house just a couple of blocks away from Cookie's house, they sometimes met on the street during walks. But, every time Cookie saw Honey in a distance, he tried to turn around and walk away with his hair on the back standing up, so Honey's human and I could hardly talk to each other.

But, yesterday they got on so well. At first Honey's human was a little nervous about how Cookie and Cinnamon would respond when they came across such a bid dog like Honey, because she remembered how Cookie had behaved at previous times. Although Cookie stayed away from Honey for the first while, Cinnamon immediately showed interest in Honey and tried to invite her to play together.

* The photo in the centre is courtesy of Honey's humans


I want to thank Hsin-Yi, Honey's human, for her consideration as to how to introduce the dogs to each other. Firstly she suggested letting them meet up at an off-leash dog park, as dogs are more relaxed when their movement is not constrained by a lead. And, at the park where they met yesterday, she told Honey not to play roughly so that neither Cookie nor Cinnamon would get scared.

Cinnamon looked so happy playing with Honey. She didn't mind the difference of the size at all. When Honey stopped running after Cinnamon, Cinnamon barked and called Honey to play tag again.

Here is a message to Honey from Cookie and Cinnamon:

    Thanks for playing with us, Honey! It was SO MUCH FUN!! But, you are REALLY BIG!! Cinnamon had never met such a big girl like you (Although we visited you when you performed a canine freestyle routine at Devonport Dog Parade in April, we couldn't chat with you as you were so busy then). Also, we were impressed that you were so well-behaved and listened to your humans so well. Our mum is very happy that we have found such a nice friend who we can learn a lot from. We can't wait to play with you again!!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Cookie & Cinnamon,

    It was WONDERFUL meeting up and playing with you!! I had such a great time and I am so glad that I did not scare you (too much!) :-) My human asked me to "restrain" myself and not be too bouncy around you, so that I wouldn't overwhelm you the first time I met you - then you would never want to be friends with me! Hee! Hee! But once you get to know me better, hopefully, we'll learn to trust each other - and then you won't get frightened if I do bounce around or play a bit rough...!

    In fact, Cinnamon - I think you are a little tease!! I promise you I will catch you next time!

    My humans thought you are both SOOOOO cute...Paul always said he wanted a beagle and now that he has met you, he is even more keen on the breed! :-) They love the photo of us 3 sitting and posing so nicely together!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you got to play with Honey! We love our Dane friends and one of them, Annie, looks alot like Honey and she has just had puppies :D
    Rosie's kennel name is nothing to do with roses....it's D. Femme Fatale but Gabbi's is D. Gypsy Rose! You can see their parents at the Dufosee website (if you're interested) there's a link in our sidebar....they both look so much like their dads!
    Hope you get to meet up with Honey again....she and her humans are so cool.
    Slobbers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I'm jealous. I would love to meet Honey in person.

    *pouts*

    Jackal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again, Cookie & Cinnamon - I just wanted to tell you about this really cool video posted by one of my new blog friends, Winnie the Corgi - I thought you would be interested because you are doing clicker training - and so is she...and look what she has learnt to do using clicker training! Isn't she clever?!
    http://winniethecorgi.blogspot.com/ring-toss.html

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  5. *wow* I am so jealous. Mom let me play sunday only a few minutes with her friends dane. She told that I was too tired to play more. *phah* Danes are so great playmates. Iines (Daisy (Duck)) looks like cow but mom says that her colour is harlequin. I think that she does not look like clowm.

    Br Ressu (& Lenni)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so lucky to get to meet Honey! She is very beautiful. I think you are all going to be great pals.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Cookie & Cinnamon....and your mom aka MOMO!!!! :) What a nice coincidence!

    It's so nice to see your photos with Honey! We're glad you guys had a pawsome time together!

    And....Momo wine!! It's good to know that what your mom tried was refreshing. Our kitty friend named Momo (http://momoandco.blogspot.com/) in Australia first told us about this wine a while ago but we haven't found it in this country!!! We know there is Momo-Pinot Noir so we have to try!

    Yes Yes your names are listed as our friends list since the day we 'met' and thank you for adding our blog to your list! :)

    Did we tell you that our mom's best friend had lived in somewhere near Auckland in '90s and our mom forgot the name of the town she lived. After reading your post... it was Devenport!

    Momo & Pinot

    ReplyDelete