The coursing of the Hound Racing Club usually starts at 11am, but this time it started at noon as there was the club's annual general meeting from 11am. Although we couldn't arrive in time for the general meeting, we could participate in the coursing. Because only official members attended the coursing after the meeting, there were fewer dogs than usual. So, Cookie and Cinnamon ran as many as four races within just over an hour!
Both Cookie and Cinnamon were keen on the racing as usual, and they were very excited just by watching other dogs running.
The beagles are saying "Let me at em Mummy"! in the first picture They're definitely raring to go. So much fun and so fast!
ReplyDeleteWhat strange entertainments. That does not look like fun. Too much running. If Honey and I were there, we would have just waited at the starting point for the bunny to return.
ReplyDeleteSlobbers,
Mango
I wonder how difficult it would be to set up a lure course. I would love for Storm and Jackal to get to try that. We don't have any dog friendly things in this stupid town. Not even a simple dog park. There is only one obedience trainer and she trains the traditional way, not clicker training. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a ton of fun. Is it similar to lure coursing? Looks almost the same.
ReplyDeleteMy dog would adore lure coursing, but we don't have any events here except for the sighthounds.
Hee! Hee! I like Mango's comment...I agree - looks like much too much work! Besides, us big slow dogs operate on a different time scale - in the park, I never even see the rabbit when it whizzes past me - even though all the other dogs are chasing it...I'm just like "Wha - ?" :-)
ReplyDeleteSlobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
Looks like a fun time - was the scent attached to another dog? It would be scary to be that dog!
ReplyDelete