As it was a rainy day, there weren't as many people on the beach and in a park beside it as usual. So, perhaps I was not paying enough attention to people around.
When we were walking together peacefully, Cinnamon suddenly dashed off toward a family who was having fried chicken and potato fries at an edge of the beach by a footpath. I ran after Cinnamon but it was too late. When I caught up with Cinnamon, she was poking her nose among the family sitting in a circle around their food and her mouth was almost reaching their potato fries!! It was fortunate that the family didn't look annoyed or upset, but it was still embarrassing.
After tying Cinnamon up on the leash, we started walking again. And, when we reached a point which I thought was far enough away from the family with food, I let Cinnamon off. But, as soon as she became free, she dashed straight back to the place where she had found food, and this time she succeeded in getting some fries!! Therefore, Cinnamon got to be on the leash for the rest of the walk.
In the meantime, Honey and Cookie enjoyed a walk together, keeping a distance, neither too far nor too close, from each other. They really looked like long-time buddies.
At the beach we found an interesting object. Visit Honey's blog to see what it was!

* The last photo by Honey's human
Hihii... mom hates it too when we go steel other peoples food. Lenni even steels fish fron icehole fishers in winter when we walk on ice. It is so beagle way to work.
ReplyDeleteHi guys,
ReplyDeleteSorry we have been away for so long. I had to laugh when I read about Cinnamon and the family picnic as Jazz and Dixie would have done the same thing. I'm sure Dixie would have rolled on that stingray and Jazz may have tried to eat it! Cookie and Honey look like they get on really well. I wish that our 'Honey' here was as friendly as yours.
J&D's mum
Oh Cinnamon! That Beagle tenacity! I'm glad Cookie and Honey are so fond of each other. :) Wish Jackal could come play with all three of you.
ReplyDeleteSounds like Cinnamon and Tucker would make quite a pair at a barbecue ...
ReplyDeleteSo funny! Somehow our dogs love to embarrass us! Rufus is the same!
ReplyDeleteCookie and Honey look lovely together!
Looks like a blast. :) Had no idea you guys know each other!
ReplyDeletePoor momma! However, we are happy to know that Pee-Wee isn't the only insane cracker dog around. That cinnamon is a very focused pup.
ReplyDeleteSlobbers,
Mango