Monday, 12 October 2009

Walk in Roberta Reserve

It has been raining a lot since I returned from Japan. But it was a beautiful fine day yesterday, so we went to Roberta Reserve in Glendowie for a walk. (We went to the same reserve on Thursday, but the sky was not as clear as it was yesterday. Click here to see some photos from the walk on Thursday.)


Clear sky!


Cinnamon had a great time running around with another dog


Cookie enjoyed the walk too


What is Cinnamon looking at?


Two dogs playing in the water with thier human





Last week there was a house move in our neighbourhood. This house was removed from the site for redevelopment of the land owned by a church adjacent to it. I remember that I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a house being carried on a trailer at night for the first time, as I had never seen anything like that in Japan.


On Tuesday the house was loaded on two trailers


On Wednesday only a half of the house was left


On Thursday the land was vacant

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I've heard of them moving houses but never actually saw it done.

    Looks like you had a great day at the reserve - what a beautiful blue sky! Seems like there's lots of good weather all over the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures of Cookie and Cinnamon on that bright pretty green grass are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that gives new meaning to the term "mobile home"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. off leash?! green green GREEN!
    Love it (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have what ya call historical landmark houses here and sometimes they have to be moved. It is quite unusual and most exciting.

    How lovely to see both of you out and about enjoying yourselves. No more boo boo's, OK?

    Slobbers,
    mango

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great outing you all had! Very interesting about the house move. Thanks for sharing that!

    love & wags,
    River

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful day! Looks like your new camera is great - your humans must be really enjoying it! :-)

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a lovely day! That's wild how they move houses, isn't it? I would probably drop it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice day you shared with us. Thanks for the photos. <:O]

    ReplyDelete