Hi! It's Cinnamon.
Do you like playing with a toy? I used to enjoy it as a puppy, but I don't have any particular interest in it anymore most of the time. Nevertheless, sometimes I suddenly feel like playing with a toy and go to our toy box to get a toy from it, and, once I have a toy in my mouth, I feel that I have to protect it so that no one can take it away from me. It seems humans call this kind of behaviour 'Resource Guarding' and they consider it as a bad behaviour they have to eliminate.
Today I suddenly felt the urge to get a toy from our toy box, and, as usual, I decided that I needed to protect it.
As you can see in the following video, Mint can't approach me when I am guarding a toy. Hee hee.
In the end I got two cookies. That means that 'resource guarding' is not such a bad thing, doesn't it?
Ha ha! I love the comment about your disorganization. Millie does this with her bones. She thinks everyone wants them so she'll hide them but then go back and get them so that no one else does.
ReplyDeleteYou can almost see cinnamon thinking real hard when she was under the table, trying to decide what ahe wants to do with her toy, Typical beagle - food bribery works all the rime ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat sure was intense. You really wanted that toy. I recognized the careful paw placement of a doggie ready to defend her trophy. I know, mom's don't like it when we get like that which is why she made you bring it, right?
ReplyDeleteSlobbers,
Mango
Cinnamon, you listened to your instinct, right? That's what we do...... It's not what humans are supposed to do but we DO!!
ReplyDeleteMomo & Pinot
I LOVE the dream date. SO funny!
ReplyDelete