Hi. It's Cinnamon here.
Well, today I will show you how mean my Mum is!
Do you remember how I was doing my backward weaves in my new California Gurls routine that I performed for my special friend Honey the Great Dane's 'Dancing with the Doggie Stars Contest'? After seeing the video, many friends told me how impressive my backward weaves were. But, sadly I can't do my backward weaves, one of my favorite moves, anymore!
Look at this video! Mum stepped on my paw when we were practising my routine! It was so painful!! But, what do you think Mum did after that? She didn't have a look at my paw to check if I hadn't got injured. Instead, she just repeated the same move again and again! I understand that she was feeling guilty, but what she did was simply trying to make up for her mistake. Don't you think that she is very selfish?
As you can see in the video, I can't do good backward weaves anymore, as I simply can't put my paws close to Mum's feet anymore. How sad it is!
awww Cinnamon!! I'm sure if your mum trains you with lots of yummy treats, you will get back to normal :)
ReplyDeleteYeah she is scared of your left leg coming towards her - give her a break and then take a step back - like when you were teaching her :-) I'm sure you will get her backwards weaving again in no time!
ReplyDeleteI understand. How painful. Clumsy human. I see you go in one direction with great ease but it is hard to go the other way and still keep an eye on Ms. Heavy Feet. I think you need to take a break from that move for a bit and then start simple, OK? Listen, I don't back up at all so I am totally impressed even if you do only go in one direction.
ReplyDeleteSlobbers,
Mango
Aaww..poor Cinnamon. My human sometimes accidentally trip/step on me too. Just give it some time. We canines live for the moment.
ReplyDelete@ Helen & Snoopy, Kelly, Mango, and Kess
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your encouragement!! I am slowly getting back my backward weaves. Although I still can't do it as close to Mum's legs as I used to, I don't pull myself back anymore.
Ha! Ha! Cinnamon - I know I shouldn't laugh but I felt sorry for your human - she got so upset and stressy!! Tell her not to worry - us doggies are much tougher than we look and we get over things if our humans don't make a big deal out of it. Gosh, you don't know the number of times Hsin-Yi has stepped on me or crashed into me or landed on me or some other painful thing!! Once she poked her finger right into my eye and another time right up my nostril!!!
ReplyDeleteBut I agree with everybody else - maybe it would be good to give that trick a break for a bit. I find that's a good idea anyway, even if you're doing a trick well - not to keep practising it otherwise you "burn out" and then you get bored and you start doing it less well. Hsin-Yi often teaches me a trick and when I get good at it, she stops practising it! Coz that keeps it fresh & exciting for me. Then just before our performances, she will revise that trick a few times but never too much.
You know this trick so well already I don't think you need to practise it that much anymore - and a break might be very good!
Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
poor Cinnamon! and poor Mom too!
ReplyDeleteyou'll be over it soon. lots of praise and treats!
@ Honey
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a good idea to stop practise for a while.
@ Sapphire
Yes, I will do anything for praise and treats!!
Like everyone one else said, take a break from the trick and then come back to it. If your human doesn't stress about it you'll bonce right back :)
ReplyDeleteWe actually noticed there, that you have a little bit of a temper on you Cinnamon, your human didn't mean to stand on you, you could clearly see that she was upset about it! :)
Licks and lots of slobber,
Lexi and Jasper the Danes