| No one was using it... |
On the day we had only one run each; Starters 3. This time again my running order was before Mint's.
Before the judging started at 7.30am, Mum took me out of my crate and we went to the practise area. In the practise area we did a few jumps to warm up. What impressed me was that Mum gave treats extremely generously. Because Mum gave me treats one after another, I couldn't move my eyes away from her so that I wouldn't miss any bits! When I realised, I was already in the waiting area, and someone told us that it was our turn next.
I was a good girl, waiting on the start line without moving until Mum said "OK, come!". I ran very well but again missed didn't enter the weaves correctly, resulting in one fault.
On the other hand, Mint did really well making no mistakes ... and managed a clear round! Well done Mint!!
After our runs we had a chance to exercise off leash in the dog exercise area when no other dogs were using it.
| We love running off leash! |
Mum usually doesn't let us off leash when other dogs are around unless we know the dogs.
| Mum doesn't let us off when there are other dogs around... |
| The majority of the dogs in the event were of course Border Collies!! |
Later Mum went to the office building to get Mint's certificate. What do you think she found there? Mint had been placed the THIRD!!!
| Well done, Mint!!! |
That is a wonderful achievement! I am super proud of Mint who got a ribbon in his first big agility event!!!
After the prizegiving (in heavy rain!!) we went back to our motel and had a short walk in the neighbourhood. I thought we would spend the rest of the day in the motel room, but Mum told us to get in the car after Mint and I had dinner. About ten minutes later we arrived at a house in a residential area. When we got off the car, we saw a couple smiling at us on a porch of the house. I recognised their faces - the people who came to see us at the agility venue the day before!!
We had a wonderful time with them in their house! They encouraged Mum to let us free in the house. They didn't even mind us jumping on their couches!! But, it was so hard not to jump up while dinner for humans was being prepared!
| Sitting patiently in the kitchen |
But, it was worth being patient. They gave us a little share of their meal after the humans finished dinner. It was so yummy!!!
Back in our motel, we had a good sleep, dreaming about the delicious meat that we had had the night. zzzzz
Well done, Mint!
ReplyDeleteNola
Thank you Nola!!!
Delete