Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Does this cat want to become our friend?

Hi! It's Cinnamon.

Do you guys like cats? In fact many of my canine friends live with one or more cats. But, I have never been a cat dog. Actually I thought that they were our enemies. So, I always barked at them like this, whenever I spotted a cat.

WARNING: The audio of this video is very loud. So, turn the volume down if necessary.


But, I am beginning to discover that there are some benign cats after meeting this cat who lives in our neighbourhood.

4th of April

This cat didn't behave like any cat that I had seen. Usually cats watch us passing by with those cunning eyes or just run away as soon as they notice us approaching. But this cat kept approaching us without a single hint of nervousness.


These days this cat is often waiting for us in front of its house like this.

11th of May

Yeah, I have to admit that I couldn't stay calm and barked at the cat when it came close to us for the first time. But, now I can stay relaxed, if not completely, around the cat like this.

21st of May

Do you think that this cat wants to become our friend?

12 comments:

  1. Hmmm...that's a tough call. We don't have any real life cat friends, in fact, we want to pounce on the next door neighbor's cat, so we wouldn't be the best ones to weigh in on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, although I am getting used to this particular cat, I still can't trust him.

      Delete
  2. Cats never want to be friends! They're evil!!
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they? Then, perhaps I should stay away from this cat however friendly he tries to make himself look!

      Delete
  3. Cinnamon....
    Hmmm.... Cats are interesting creatures. Some seem friendly, and others.... Rose likes felines.... She bays toward the neighbor's calico!! Yet Rose seems terrified of our cat somehow!! There is this new grey/white feline in the cul-de-sac. I call "him" "Sassy", because he will just sit, stock-still, before Rose, and hiss at her!! The nerve!! ;op
    Love, Raelyn.... And Rose my Beautifully Unique "Mystery Dog"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh - that is one confident kitty!!!!!

    What we have observed in our experience is that if the cat is confident and doesn't show fear of the dog, most dogs (except the ones with serious predatory issues) will remain calm and submit to it. But if the cat acts scared & runs away - that triggers all dogs to want to CHASE!! Even dogs who like cats & live with them (like me) - if the cat acts scared, it'll make me over-excited! :-) Whereas if the cat is very confident to me, I get very submissive and turn my eyes or even my head away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is confident! He never looks nervous. As you say, that might be why we can stay calm as well.

      Delete
  5. Aww you have a new friend!! I love that last picture of all three of you. So cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is not our friend yet. The other day, he suddenly ignored us completely! But, the next day he came close to us. So, we can't trust him yet...

      Delete
  6. That's a very brave cat! :) :) We usually don't pay so much attention to cats duing our walky but hey, if he's friendly, why don't we become friends?

    Maybe he will be your 'real' friend in the near future?

    Momo & Pinot xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Momo and Pinot, it will be nice if we can become real friend. But, I haven't seen him for several days. I kind of miss him xxx

      Delete