We went to the lure coursing of the Hound Racing Club yesterday. The club has coursing once or twice a month except during winter when the ground is too wet, but we couldn't attend it for about three months because my humans were too busy.
This time our blog friends Arrow and Snoopy also came. When my Mum asked their human, who makes handmade collars, to recycle our old collars to make new ones, Mum asked her if she was interested in the lure coursing that was taking place just a few days later.
Look at these videos. Both Arrow and Snoopy are really fast, aren't they? I knew Arrow is a high speed runner as he is a greyhound bred for it, but I didn't know Snoopy is also really fast.

We had a great time running together
Arrow is a natural born racer!
On the other hand I have to say Mint is not a really fast runner. Did you see how he ran in the videos? I know he was running at his full throttle, but he never caught up with the leading runners. In fact my Mum is a little worried about Mint's future as an agility dog. Is he going to learn to run faster? Anyway he is starting in beginner agility class at Manukau Dog Training Club this week. I will let you know how it goes.
it was lovely to meet you, and Snoopy loved running around with Cinnamon & Mint!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure Mint will be fine at agility, Snoopy is nowhere near as fast as she was yesterday, when she does agility.
Good luck for his first class! Should be a lot of fun :)
You guys sure look like you had great fun running! Keep at it Mint.
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool to watch.
ReplyDeleteWow, that looks like so much fun! Everytime I watch your lure coursing videos, I wish I came out to try it before we left NZ...
ReplyDeleteAs for speed, well, from my point of view, Mint looked fast enough for me! :-) Besides, I thought in Agility it wasn't just about speed but accuracy and flexibility as well? I mean, no point shooting around the course if you miss all your obstacles or contacts points, is there?
Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
I really do need to come and have a go with you guys one day, looks like so much fun, and I'm glad you got to meet up with the Wiums (both 2 and 4 legged) as well. Pepper absolutely LOVES Snoopy, when she sees her she starts making a screaming whining noise and Snoopy is the only dog that I've seen Pepper chase. And isn't Arrow so big and majestic looking! He must have made your beagles look tiny :) Yay for starting agility, I hope you enjoy it, we do, agility people are heaps of fun :)
ReplyDeleteNice video's ! Cinnamon is really fast. I played this game a couple of times at the beagle meeting day, here in holland. But Gizmo wasn't that fast.
ReplyDeleteGreetings Odette
Wow you guys were so amazing! :D The video's were so cool!
ReplyDeleteHaha if we tried to do that we would look so silly... you see we can run very well when its a straight line, but when turning is involved we completely bail and fall on our faces ;)
We can definitly get Laura to teach you how to track :) We'll get her to contact your human when we have properly learnt how...that way your human can lay a track for us and Laura can teach you how to track your human :D Hope that made sense :)
Licks and lots of slobber,
Lexi and Jasper the Danes
I wouldn't worry about Mint's speed. How many times has he gone? He may just not be really into it yet. Or his chase instinct might not be as strong. He didn't seem locked on to the decoy (or whatever they call it in lure coursing), so I'm sure he'll be plenty fast enough for agility. I'm excited he's starting classes. Can't wait to see how his first class goes. :)
ReplyDelete