- Reminder: Voting is now open for Niamh’s Train Your Dog Photo Contest and Tucker's Sit Stay Competition!!
Yesterday (Monday, the 1st) was Auckland Anniversary, a holiday in Auckland, so Aucklanders were enjoying the last day of the long holiday weekend. However, I had to stay in my crate all day yesterday, because I had been having diarrhea over the weekend.
On Sunday I went to Hound Racing and had three runs (The photo in my last post was taken then). I enjoyed it so much!! But, shortly after I had water before getting in the car to head home, I became sick and started vomiting. Of course, my Mum and Dad were so worried about me that they thought about taking me to the Animal Emergency Centre. But, unlike a year ago when I was hospitalised, I could still drink water and walk, so they decided to put me at rest in my crate and see how I would get along.
On Monday, my stool was still liquid-like and I vomited again in the morning. But, unfortunately it was a holiday, so I couldn't see my vet. Instead, my Mum and Dad did some research on the Internet and found that if a dog has diarrhea he shouldn't eat any food for a day or so, so I was not given any food last night and this morning.
Today, first thing in the morning Mum rang the vet to make an appointment. While I was waiting in the waiting area, I met so many dogs and cats! Perhaps, because yesterday was a holiday, many dogs and cats who couldn't see the vet yesterday rushed in the clinic this morning.
After taking my temperature and pulse and examining my tummy, my vet told me I was going to be all right. I was given an injection and prescribed some medicine. For three days from today I will be on a special low-fat prescription diet.
But, don't worry! I am already feeling much better.
Oh you poor thing Cinnamon, hope that you are up and about and feeling like your normal self really soon
ReplyDeleteHealing licks
Pepper
AWww. pats and hugs!
ReplyDeleteHi Cinnamon,
ReplyDeleteIt's great to know that you are feeling better now. You must have felt awful. We send you more healing pats and licks. Plus a bit more extra hugs --- your photo above is so adorable.
We'll head over Mango's contest to show our support. We must say that we still blame our mommy for not being able to enter the contest. sigh
-Fudgie, Princess & the Piappies
I'm glad you're feeling better. Take care and get better fast.
ReplyDeleteOh Cinnamon - I'm sorry to hear that you've been unwell!! Yes, I have had upset tummies too in the past and my vets also gave my humans the same advice: to stop my food for 24hrs - that usually worked! It sounds like you got some kind of tummy bug - hope it passes quickly!
ReplyDeleteSlobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
Take it easy and rest. We hope you get better real soon.
ReplyDeletelove & wags,
River
Glad you're feeling better, Cinnamon. Hope you will soon be back in motion.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're feeling better! Bernie's had diarrhea before, too, and she acts like she's starving to death when I don't feed her.
ReplyDeleteHey Cinnamon - I just heard from Niamh that you won the "Train Your Dog Photo contest"!!! Congratulations!!!! That was a fantastic photo - your humans should frame it! :-)
ReplyDeleteAbout your question - yes, we used to go to a Waiata Reserve all the time! I didn't realise you did not know about it otherwise I would have told you! There are actually lots of other places you could access it from several smaller roads leading off Victoria Ave, such as Waiata Rd, Waimea Lane and on the other side, Coombes Rd. It's a great little park, although sometimes some of the owners who bring their dogs are a bit irresponsible (no one seems to pick up poo!) and have badly behaved dogs, which is a shame as it is such a beautiful park. We usually do a big loop, crossing the stream at either end of the park on the bridges. The best places to access it are actually from Waimea Lane or Waiata Ave, as you can park the car easily there and they are both dead end roads - you can get to them from Victoria Ave.
We actually lived so close that my human used to walk me there instead of driving - it was about 10mins walk from our old house!
Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
Congrats on your win in the trick contest!! You totally deserve it!
ReplyDelete