Monday, 16 November 2009

Cinnamon's meal manners

As I wrote in the last post, Cinnamon and I went to Honey's birthday party and had a great time last weekend. One of the most memorable moments during the party was what Honey calls Cinnamon's "Jaws" moment. Although in my post I wrote something like only Cinnamon had got a second piece of the birthday cake, it seems all the doggies there got seconds, which I didn't realise because I had to keep an eye on Cinnamon around food and I couldn't see what other dogs were doing.

For those who haven't seen the shots of the scene on Honey's blog, here are some photos Honey's human has kindly sent to us (Thank you, Honey and Hsin-Yi!!).



But, I think, for the sake of Cinnamon, I should show you how she usually eats her meals. She sits nicely and patiently in front of her meal bowl, shakes hands/paws, and waits until I say "OK". Here is the proof.

8 comments:

  1. Cinnamon is so beautiful. I love seeing fit Beagles as so many of them around where I live are fat. I think she's very polite for her meal. We didn't think she was a piggy or anything at the party. She was just excited and I bet the cake was really good. :D I like how she was offering her paw before you even got the bowl set down. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...Cinnamon, you're a perfect lady!! Of course, we never doubted that! Actually, I don't think people were commenting on you eating in a rude way - it was more that everyone was shocked at how quickly such a small dog as yourself could eat such a big piece of cake! Whereas the bigger dogs were taking longer to eat their pieces - you were so fast and almost seemed to swallow it whole - that is why everyone was surprised and amused.

    Anyway, I think you have lovely meal manners and it's very good of your human to train you like this!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinnamon certainly has better food manners than Tucker does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the pictures on Honey's blog. It's funny how such a little dog gobbled down such a big piece of cake!

    Marge knows to sit and wait for her dinner as well. She's started to even do the same with water, though I'm not sure why!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, all I can say is that my stupid brother does his dumb good dog attentions for his breakfast and supper too, but he is still a big old shark when it comes to special treats. I am surprised momma has any fingers left at all.

    Of course, if he were as cute as Cinnamon I wouldn't mind so much.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  6. good girl!!

    must be thirsty from licking the bowl. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, that party picture was so funny--really a jaws moment! We liked the movie of her eating. She is such a pretty girl!

    love & wags,
    River

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved it when Cinnamon had her tongue sticking out at the beginning. She is so cute! Kess does that too. In fact, she sometimes salivates whilst waiting for us to give her the OK command to eat! It's great that you've taught Cinnamon to sit and wait for the command. That's really important.

    ReplyDelete