Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Tauranga Jumpers Championship

We took part in our first championship on Sunday. As the venue, Morland Fox Park in Tauranga, is over 200km away from Auckland, we went to Tauranga on Saturday and stayed in a motel that allows dogs in the units.



Do you want to know the results? We entered three competitions, Jumpers C1, C2, and C3, and got a run with two faults, a Clear Round, and a DQ. After we did our first run in Jumpers C1, I felt a significant improvement in Cinnamon's concentration. At our second run in Jumpers C2, we finally got our first Clear Round in a championship!



After the first two runs, we had to wait for four hours and a half before our final run in Jumpers C3.



After having a nap in the car, I started warming up well before our turn by doing obedience exercises and tricks, in order to concentrate again. But, it seems it was a shallow idea. When our turn came around, both Cinnamon and I were already exhausted. Look at this. Everything went in a bad way. No focus!!



However, it was a fruitful experience and I am satisfied with our results.


****

Update on Cookie's condition: His walking still looks unsteady, but he doesn't shiver from pain any more. It seems he knows he should avoid jumping.

****

Finally I would like to show you Cookie's entry to Honey's Spectacular Slobber Contest.



If you click the pic to enlarge it, you can see how his slobber is bent halfway :-)

6 comments:

  1. Oh Congratulations on your Clear Round!! Yay!! Well done, Cinnamon - and your human too for all the hard work she has put in training you!

    I don't blame you for being tired and unfocused by the 3rd round - gosh, I only have to dance ONCE at each competition and I can barely find enough energy to do that!! :-) Although I have to say - I don't think your video looked too bad. OK, so you missed a few obstacles - but hey, you were still running and really into it - and you still looked like you were having fun! :-)

    How was your experience staying in motel? Did you enjoy it? And did you meet a lot of other doggies from Auckland that you already knew or were they all new doggies? (Did you see any other beagles??!!)

    Hey Cookie - thanks for a great entry to my Slobber Contest!! I think it's pretty spectacular - it takes real skill to bend a drool like that! Hee! Hee! (Oh, you didn't say - which category do you want to enter in? Professional or Amateur?)

    Am sorry to hear that you're still a bit wobbly - really hope you get better soon!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I hope you are entering the amature division with those little beagle slobbers.

    Momma says that your mom did really good during that second agilities run. She was watching her get on in the right place to show you where to go. That isn't easy, especially when you kind of plan your own course.

    Ugh. All that waiting around. I think that is why Pee-Wee won't compete. Momma did an obedience trial with Grandpa Angus and one dog show with me and she said the waiting was agony!

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinnamon did a great job. It was fun to watch. We hope Cookie keeps feeling better.

    love & wags,
    River

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the clear round, and tell Cookie to take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Cinnamon & Cookie!
    Looks like we have several mutual friends, thought we'd stop by & sniff around on your blog :) We too are students of agility, hope to start competing in October. I think that at least half the secret to competing is figuring out what to do (or not do) to get ready for your rounds!! That is some tunnel complex in the middle of the course! Never seen anything quite like that! If you want to see a French Bulldog doing agility, stop by our blog sometime & check out our "Flying Frenchie" post from earlier this month.
    Nice to meet you!

    Snorts -
    Brutus the Frenchie

    ReplyDelete