It's me, Mint, again!
Today I have great news! Well, it is not such great news for myself but it is for Mum.
On Saturday I went to Hibiscus Coast Dog Training Club Obedience and Rally-O championship. The news I want to share with you today is about Obedience. I didn't break my stays for the first time in the last two years and won the Special Beginners for the first time!
When I was younger, Mum was thinking that I had potential to become a good competitive obedience dog and that I would go up to higher obedience classes easily. However, after I started having seizures, I became unable to stay still with other dogs in group stays in obedience competitions. I was able to stay at home or in a park, but I couldn't stay in a competition environment. Well, it may not be because of my epilepsy, but somehow I always stood up and walked to Mum in competitions when I was supposed to be staying with other dogs.
Because I always broke my stays, I missed a chance to win so many times. I don't remember how many times I have heard people, including judges, giving Mum advice on how to improve my stays. Staying is boring you know, but Mum made me practise them almost every day. Nevertheless, I couldn't help moving and standing up when doing stays with other dogs in a competition ring.
However, this time I somehow didn't feel like standing up during my stays. This time I didn't feel anxious at all. I was comfortable staying with other dogs. I think that practising with some other well-behaved dogs in a therapy dog class that I had attended just recently helped.
What surprised me was that I won the Rally-O Advanced A too! Well, we left the competition venue before the prizegiving. So, when we left, we didn't know that I had won it. But later my friend's mum let Mum know the result.
Don't you think that I have been doing too well lately? To be honest I feel awkward. Is it Ok for me to be such a good boy?

No comments:
Post a Comment