Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Dog dancing demo at a local school

Hi! It's Cinnamon!

Last Friday we visited a local school to perform dog dancing in front of the children there, and we thoroughly enjoyed it!!

A couple weeks back, when Mum was helping the instructor of a tricks class as an assistent, she happened to hear that one of the students of the class was a teacher of a local school. So, Mum, who was looking for a place where we could practise our dance routines in front of an audience, asked her if we could visit the school to perform dog dancing. And the answer was 'YES'!

On Friday morning we arrived at the school half an hour before our show, and a while later our friend, Sofie the Blue Heeler, and her mum arrived as well.


When we were preparing our props for the first show, young children started coming into the hall (We did two shows). They were all well-behaved. Once the audience were ready sitting on the floor. Mum and I went up on the stage and performed my new routine. Every time I did a trick, I heard cheerful laughs. All in all, the young audience seemed to enjoy our show. After me was Sofie and then Mint.

Once the first group of children went out of the hall, older kids started coming in. Then, we found a familiar face in them!! Our next-door neighbour was there!! We were very surprised and excited at the same time!! A few moments later, we spotted another familiar face. A younger sister of the next-door neighbour who we had found earlier! The sisters are very good friends of ours but they had never seen us dancing before. So, we were very excited to be able to show them our dance.


All our performances went really well. Although we had some trouble on the slippery stage surface in the first show, we could perform more comfortably in the second show after Mum put a piece of carpet that she had brought just in case. We did make a few mistakes in our routines, but who cares!! Everyone looked enjoying our performances.

After the shows, we went to say hello to our next-door neighbours, then their friends all gathered around us, trying to pat us. Surrounded by so many children, we found ourselves in the darkness in the centre of an excited crowd!! But, I really enjoyed all the attention. You can rarely get that level of attention!! I felt like I was a super star!!!

I hope we can do something like this again soon!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work Cinnamon and Mint. Doing demos is really cool fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bodie! Yes, that's true. I always enjoy doing demos!!

      Delete