Tuesday, 28 February 2012

One New Trick A Month - February - Mint's brand new routine

Hi! It's Cinnamon.

Well, we have had a very busy couple of weeks. Firstly Mum was busy with her work. Secondly, Mum's uncle came to stay with us, and also Mum had to take him for some sightseeing, which she says she really enjoyed. Also, Mum had to put together Mint's new routine and film it for the Choredography Connection's first Paws N Music Video Competition. Yes! Mint has got a new routine!

As many of you know, Mint has his own "All Star" routine, which he performed at the NDOA (National Dog Obedience Assembly) last October. But, one of the conditions for entries to the video competition was that it's a brand new routine, which has never been performed in public or published before. However, Mint's "All Star" routine had been performed in public twice, so Mum and Mint had to make a new routine from scratch again.

Actually, when the competition was announced in December, they had two months to prepare for it. But, Mum left it untouched until the last moment, thinking that she didn't have to enter the competition this time. Then, two weeks before the deadline of the entries, Mum suddenly decided to enter it with Mint and finally got started putting together a choreography.

Anyway, because Mum and Mint were busy preparing for this new routine, we couldn't learn any new tricks this month for our New One Trick A Month Challenge. Although there are a couple of tricks that Mum has been trying to teach us, there is none that we have learned fully. So, for February in our One New Trick A Month Challenge, I would like to show you Mint's new routine instead of a new trick.

Here is the final product! What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely Awesome Cinnamon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO MINT! I think that you inspire me to work on my dance moves. You have been working very hard.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mint does anything to get food! I can't wait to see your new dance moves, Mango (^_^)/

      Delete
  3. It's lovely watching Mint and mum having such a good time performing! I'm so impressed. Go Mint!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kess! Yes, I always enjoy dancing with Mum :-)

      Mint the Beagle

      Delete
  4. Stars! I see Stars!! Great job and you are both having so much fun! I am smiling throughout your whole video :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sapphire. I am glad that you enjoyed watching my routine :-)

      Mint the Beagle

      Delete
  5. Oooh..sorry we're so late - but well done Mint!!! what a brilliant routine!! we love it! :-) And you do your backward weaves so nicely too. and I like your new cop-cop trick, Most of all, I think it's amazing how you can keep your focus for so long without getting rewarded - that is my biggest problem - if I don't get rewarded often, I just lose all motivation - it drives my human crazy! :-)

    Oh - I'm so sorry we didn't know about this competition because we would have really liked to enter it too! :-( Is Choredography running another comp again this year? I think if we wait until Dec, I'll probably be too old by then - ha! ha!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Honey! Yeah, I can keep my focus on Mum as long as I know she has some food in her hands. Hee hee.

    Actually this competition was only for people and dogs who live in New Zealand. But, they might rethink about the condition so that you can enter as well. It will be nice if that happens!

    Mint the Beagle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome new routine!! I think that totally counts for this month's trick lol. You guys did great. How did the competition go? Did you win? I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete