When I went to a health shop and told a shop assistant that I was after Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplements, she recommended a product that also contained other nutrients such as copper, manganese, and zinc. But, as I didn't know if those extra nutrients were good for the dog too, I chose Good Health Joint Zone, which doesn't contain those extra nutrients.
I myself have a potential problem in my knees as a result of an accident that I had riding a motorcycle more than twenty years ago. In the accident I got my cruciate ligaments and meniscus damaged. They haven't caused much trouble apart from occasional slight pain until now, but now I feel the necessity to look after my damaged knees as I am not so young any more. So, I started taking Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and Fish Oil together with my dogs.
I hope they work for all of us, if not dramatically.
Cookie and Cinnamon have got new collars made by MaCherry's! Aren't they nice?
Mr Darcy, I am sorry Cookie hasn't played a game you tagged him. We haven't forgot it!
Nothing like a new outfit to lift one's spirits. You both look fantastic. Did mom get something to match?
ReplyDeleteSlobbers,
Mango
I love those collars.
ReplyDeleteOh and the supplements will definitely help. It's very gradual so you might not even notice it working, but if you ever stopped giving/taking it you would notice the difference.
For a long time Trouble has been getting a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement made from sea cucumber, and we just started giving a similar product to the dogs. I hope it helps keep them spry, although I have no empirical evidence for or against!
ReplyDeleteWe love those collars! Hope the supplements help!
ReplyDeleteDear Cookie and Cinnamon,
ReplyDeleteSounds like good supplements for all of you. My Little hoomans and I get fish oil supplements (I have to take five though, and I love them! they have to take one and they hate them -strange!)
The kibbles Mumma feeds me have the glucosamine and chondroitin in them so I have that too!
When Mumma changed my kibbles and started me ont he fish oil she noticed a huge improvemnt in just two days! So hopefully it will be the same with the three of you! It took about 10 days to notice a difference in my little boy hooman though, but his is for concentration.
smooches,
Mr Darcy
Very nice collars! My mom gives us fish oil and vitamin e--same stuff she takes. It does help, enough to feel comfortable and not need prednisone.
ReplyDeletelove & wags,
River
Love the new collars. I'm looking into joint supplements for Marge to help her body stay strong when we begin to trial.
ReplyDeleteOh, that's a lovely picture! I hope the supplements do their work!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my bloggie! I hope that your supplements work for all of you. We recently started eicosaderm (fish oil) formulated for dogs and cats. It comes in a pump bottle so the oil is squirted directly into the food. Brownie really loves the taste and her coat has improved dramatically... though I'm not sure I have seen a change in her hips.
ReplyDeleteWe also tested hyaflex (one of the several varieties of hyaluronic acid on the market) and we have not been nearly as pleased as we were with Trixsyn. Brownie has been on it for about a month now, and Brownie's limping has worsened. Granted, that doesn't mean that change of hyaluronic acid is the "cause" of the limping, but after we're done with the bottle, we're returning to Trixsyn. If the limping goes away, then we can more conclusively say that the hyaflex did not work for Brownie (maybe it works for some other dogs. :) )