Saturday, 9 May 2009

"Be prepared and have no regrets"

Yesterday, a network hard disk, which we use to store backup of photos as well as files from our work, broke. When I was browsing some photos of Cookie and Cinnamon stored in the hard disk by directly accessing them from my computer, the hard disk started making strange noise. Then, after a few tries, an error indicator began flushing and the access was lost!

Fortunately, most of the files stored in the hard disk had original copies in our computers, so we didn't lose much which didn't have any other copies elsewhere. Especially, when it comes to photos, we usually store another set of copied files in a computer we use as a storage server, so virtually no photo was lost. It is literally "Be prepared and have no regrets", though we will have to buy a replacement, which is a damage to us in deed!

~~~~~~~~~

Cookie and Cinnamon have entered for the Show Us Some Tongue Contest by Daphne and Pruett. Every entry is great and unique, so check out their website and enter your pic if you haven't!



Cookie's tongue...
Cookie shows his tongue

Cinnamon's tongue...
Cinnamon shows her tongue

4 comments:

  1. Hehe, we saw your entries at Daphne & Pruett's last night, cute, esp. Cinnamon's :D
    I do my collages with Picasa, it's a free download from Google which is really easy to use.
    I'm going to have to do something about my photos before that happens to me....mine are not backed-up!
    Have a happy weekend :o)
    Slobbers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I have to get to doing some backing up too. I actually made a word file of my blog posts just incase blogger ceases to exist one day. We liked the pics of Cinnamon and Cookie's tongue. We also went over and sent in the recent pics of our tongues licking icecreams. Yes they do love icecream!
    J&D and Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! My human says she was really scared to read your story about your computer...she loves her photos more than anything and the thought of losing them is just horrible!!! But thankfully, she also puts them in another safe place - in a small flat box called "portable hard drive" so she always has 2 copies of me doing my cute things! :-)

    Hmm...but we never thought of making copies of our blog posts...what a good idea of Jazz & Dixie's! Yes, we would be really gutted if we lost our blog diary!

    Thanks for your comment about the marching legs trick - I'm really looking forward to your video now!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice! I have all my photos and stuff on a Drobo redundant external hard drive, with nightly backups to a different external hard drive, and once a month I make a full backup to two other external hard drives and then take one of them to work with me! And that reminds me, I haven't backed up my blog in a while ...

    ReplyDelete