The restaurant had two tables outside as well as several inside. So, my humans sat at one of the tables outside and I sat behind my Mum's chair.
When my humans were waiting for their noodles, a group of four boys on skateboards passed by on a narrow footpath where our table was. Because the noise of the skateboards was so loud and scary, I couldn't help barking at them! I know my Mum wanted me to stay quite while we were there, but she still praised me a little because I stopped barking really soon. I used to keep barking for a long time even after something that triggered my barking was gone out of sight, but now I can calm myself down really quickly. After that, another couple of boys passed by on skateboards, but I didn't bark at them anymore, and then my Mum praised me even more!
You're such a good girl, Cinnamon. I hope you liked your dried sheep ear! Bernie's jealous.
ReplyDeleteI think it is important to alert your humans that there is danger like those scary skateboard dudes, but then you need to simmer down once they have assessed the threat.
ReplyDeleteSlobbers,
Mango
Wow good girl! It was great of your Mum to praise you for that too!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you did well at the restaurant and had a good time. I don't think the little woof at the skateboarders is anything to worry about - everyone has to say what's on their mind sometimes!
ReplyDeleteWow, theres no WAY I'd be able to sit as nicely as you at a table like that. Well done. And it sounds as if your barking is becoming much more restrained which is great.
ReplyDeletePepper
Wow! Good job on keeping your cool!
ReplyDeleteJackal
YOu are so good Cinnamon and learnt very quickly that skateboarders aren't to scary!! :) I love Browns bay, me and Laura go down there pretty much every weekend...we live really close!
ReplyDeleteLicks,
Lexi
Wish we could go to a restaurant! At least you got a sheep's ear. We just read about Mint. That is cool that you will have a new sibling. Also cool that all of you all are named after food!
ReplyDeletelove & wags,
River
ohhhhh OUT TO LUNCH EH - VERY NICE!!! Skateboards are scary you were very good not to bark the place down well done Cinnamon x
ReplyDeleteOh Cinnamon - me and my human were BOTH so jealous reading this post! Me because I have never been to a ramen noodle bar - how cool! - and my human because of all the yummy Japanese food that your humans can eat in Auckland but which we can't get anymnore here in Brisbane!! My humans haven't found any good Japanese restaurants here and they are very sad because they really love Japanese food...even the sushi here is "fake" with weird flavours like "Peking Duck" (??) and "Egg Mayonnaise" - yes! IN SUSHI!?!?!
ReplyDeleteSlobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
How lucky are you? :)
ReplyDeleteWe have no dog friendly restaurants around. :(
I only went out to a restaurant once with my humans (on my last birthday) because (1) there are hardly any dog friendly restaurants; and (2) my humans worry about me barking. Hmm, my birthday is coming up soon. Time for my second visit to a restaurant, I reckon!
ReplyDelete