Monday, 6 September 2010

Beagle Walk at Churchill Park

Hi! It's Cinnamon.

On Saturday there was a big earthquake in Canterbury region of New Zealand. As Canterbury is far away from Auckland where I live, actually on a different island, I didn't know about it until my neighbour told us about it when we met her in our morning walk. It must have been a very scary experience for people, dogs, and any other kinds of animals living there. This morning I heard that some dogs had gone missing after the earthquake. I hope they will reunite with their family soon and safely.

After we watched news reports about the earthquake on TV on Saturday, we went to Auckland Beagle Club's Beagle Walk. The club holds beagle walks every other month in various locations, and this time it was at Churchill Park, Glendowie, Auckland. As I hadn't been in a Beagle Walk for more than a year, I really looked forward to it. But, we had a heavy rain the night before, and it was still raining in the morning, so I was not sure if I could go until the last moment. My humans had said that we were not going if it rained. Luckily it stopped raining although it was still cloudy, so we headed for the park.

There weren't as many Beagles in the walk as usual, perhaps because of the weather, but I had a great time walking in new places I had never been to. Because it had been raining a lot, the ground was very boggy and there were many paddles. Usually I don't like to get wet, but I didn't mind it at all in the walk.



In the walk we walked through a few more parks, including Roberta Reserve that we frequent, as well as Churchill Park. In a park called Point England Walk my Mum let both Mint and me off the lead. It was so much fun! We enjoyed exploring on and around the track along a stream with two other Beagles who were also off the lead.

When we came back to our car, our legs and tummy were all covered with mud!! I liked the walking course so much that I am going to ask Mum to take me there again.

11 comments:

  1. ON WOW! U two were soooooooo lucky tu haf a walkie like that - even when mom can take us for walkiez, they NEVER look like that. But Shiloh wood haf tu b on one of thoze rope thingz or else he wood run off - even with the other doggyz around but Shasta wood probably du ok.
    Shiloh'n Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great place to go for a walk! And you both looked like you were being very well behaved off lead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glad that the earthquake didn't affect you guys.

    Even though you said that the number of beagles was less than last year, there still looks to be a very large number of your breed! It must be fun for you guys to mingle with other doggies that look exactly like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, we've never been to those parks, might have to go check them out. Looks like heaps of funny, so many wee beagle bums trotting about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can imagine the fun you both had (and your mom too). so brave of her to let u off your leads.

    good to know that you are all safe. we have a friend in christchurch and their workplace did suffered some damages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're glad you guys made it through the quake okay -- hope the lost dogs make it home very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place to walk. I was worried about you guys. I heard about the earthquake and I wondered if that was close to you. Glad you are all okay. Hope the babies get reunited with their families soon.

    P.S. Love your boots, Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you get a bath after the muddy walk? It sure looked like a beautiful day for a walk - blue skies and all!

    P.S. Drop by and collect your award

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD, looks like this is a beagle heaven! :)

    Cinnamon, you and mom is such a great team. And...... Mint, you got a fist prize on your first competition. Congratulations!!! We really enjoy watching the videos of both of you.

    Thanks so much for your barkday wishes.

    Have a great weekend!
    Momo & Pinot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like running with the pack, eh? Of course getting all stinky muddy is great fun too.

    Slobbers,
    mango

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo Hoo! Look at all those beagles :D That would have been so much fun!

    Laura says you have to tell you human that she is feeling much better now :)

    Licks and lots of slobber,
    Lexi and Jasper the Danes

    ReplyDelete